I love this song… I love the people here that make me feel like I can get up in the morning and make it through another day! Two of those people awarded me with the Liebster Award recently! I woke up first to NeKaaar’s great honor and just a few days later I found a note in my inbox that Foxyolive had also nominated me! They are both such great bloggers and women! I’m excited that I get to link you guys back to them because I obviously can’t nominate them. This way I don’t have to worry about it. 🙂
Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger (bloggers 🙂 who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
1) I toured Europe playing jazz piano when I was 15. While I was in Austria I played Adolph Hilter’s grand piano and it was the creepiest experience I can remember.
2) I love Neil Gaiman books… and am rather obsessed with him as well (does that count as 2 facts?)
3) I have the worst hair on the planet!
4) I’m a high school math teacher 🙂
5) I have been married and divorced 3 times. No one mentioned to me that you don’t marry all of your boyfriends and I’m a slow, slow learner. eh.
6) Night time is both my worst enemy and my best friend.
7) I want to visit New Zealand some day.
8) I have a sister who I am deathly afraid of but is one of my best friends. Hmmm.
9) I’m afraid of growing up… and I’m 48 so I think I’m screwed.
10) I absolutely love my parents to piece, but I thank God that I am not one! 🙂
Nekaaar’s Questions…. 11 random things that I am grateful for. I’m not a flowery writer all deep and pretty and colorful… oh well. I’m a math teacher.
*My parents – the fact that I still have them and they are still married after 55 years.
*I have been teaching for 22 years – some of you understand how difficult this can be and why I’m so grateful for it.
*I am a survivor of domestic abuse – yes I’m grateful for the survivor part!
*My Bassett Hound, Paisley
*I have a roof over my head.
*I have a vehicle to get me to work and place I need to go. (Told you that these would be pretty mundane 🙂
*I have access to a computer and can write this blog… which sounds strange, but there have been times in my life that this has been the only lifeline I’ve had. So… grateful for that!
**In 2002 I got really sick and had to stop teaching. I was put in a group home and hospitalized multiple times. At that point I was told I would live in a residential setting and AT BEST work part time for the rest of my life. I have worked as a full time math teacher and lived on my own since 2004. That happened, I feel, because I was blessed with the right people in my life at the right time.
I think that’s all I have unless I start just listing random facts about myself….
- What makes you smile? Wow I appreciate this question today more than I thought I would… my dog, Paisley! Fishing at dawn! My blogging friends!!!!
- If you could travel back in time, what year would you travel to and why? 1966 is my best answer… so that I could just start over! Only if I could have a non-mentally ill brain just to see if it’d be different. LOL Otherwise, I’ll just stick with what I’ve got.
- What is your favorite quote? Never run back to what broke you. (Only because I do it ALL of the time!)
- What is your favorite place in the world? Venice, Italy because it sounds cool. Seriously, I have been there and it’s awesome. But I have been there… I also loved Hawaii at night!!! I think Venice is still my favorite.
- Ocean or space? Ocean for sure… The water is soooo amazing!!! 🙂
- What is your favorite post that you have written? Provide a link! stringing ’em along
- Describe yourself in three words. Crazy, stupid, fun!!!
- How did you pick your blog’s name? It’s a title that has been with me for a long time. I’ve always felt like something is missing in my life… like a piece to a puzzle is missing, but I’m just not quite sure it is and maybe I’ll never know. So, I don’t know really… just this bit of missing “peace” that is always there. I have always thought it was a bad thing, but lately I’m wondering if it’s not so horrible… maybe it’s more productive and less frightening than I think.
- What is the one thing you do every day, without fail? Wonder if I’m good enough 😦
- Name a goal that you have not yet met, but are working to achieve. Goals make me extremely anxious and so I avoid them… at all cost! 🙂 or is that 😦
- What is your favorite season, and why? Fall is my favorite for sure!!! I love to wear sweatshirts and hate to sweat LOL. No, seriously… I love cool nights and fires and the smell of the leaves and … I don’t know… just the time of the year.
My 11 questions for you…
1) What do you miss about your childhood? I know!!! This is probably a tough one! It would suck for me, but I’m sure I could find something… like my Fischer Price Barnyard 🙂
2) What is the most important thing you get from your blog?
3) What is the scariest thing you have done?
4) What did you want to be when you grew up? Doesn’t matter if you haven’t grown up yet 🙂
5) Who inspires you?
6) What has most surprised you about blogging?
7) Where are you happiest?
8) What is your current favorite song?
9) Where would you like to go for an adventure of a lifetime?
10) How did you pick your blog’s name?
11) One thing that makes you smile?
It’s been a long few weeks. The semester ended for me and the students are home doing their things…. as an educator for 22 years I’m worried about what those things might be.